How to photograph people

How to photograph people https://photos.cameraclubhub.com/optimized/1X/f9dc1d5afb1be11daa6c25cb36594c8e2a3ea4be_2_1024x657.jpeg
rating 5.0 1

Description

This is all about how to approach people for permission to have their picture taken, especially people you don’t know, maybe while in a foreign country, even when you don’t speak their language. How do you get people to work with you for a good photograph beyond “no”, or the stiff pose and the “V” sign. Taught by a retired psychotherapist and professional photographer.

Length

40 minutes

Availability

Flexible days and times via Zoom

1 Like

Mike Holtby’s presentation is TOP NOTCH and very engaging. I highly recommend it! Mike shares excellent content on how to connect with all kinds of people from around the world (and the U.S). Mike’s photographic images are breath taking. The genuine expressions, gestures and cultural elements included in the backgrounds weave together to make astounding statements about his subjects. Mike captures the mood and the essence of the people in a genuine, heartfelt manner. He clearly explains how to achieve natural, radiant photos of people he’s never met! His presentation is one I wanted to see more than once so I could soak up his instruction and enjoy the amazing photos he created. Don’t miss this!

Mike Holtby provided our club with a well thought out and organized presentation about approaching and photographing people. His photographs illustrated and enhanced each of his individual elements that work together to create engaging photographs even with language or cultural barriers. I highly recommend this presentation to groups of all levels.

Mike’s presentation was excellent! He reminded us that the key is to make contact with the subject and how to pay attention to making real contact with the subject. Respecting the culture, engaging the people, and enjoying them are the keys he stressed. Highly recommended – great storyteller and excellent photographer.