From Capture to Print : The Art of Black and White Photography

From Capture to Print : The Art of Black and White Photography https://photos.cameraclubhub.com/optimized/1X/b528309b145245739f2d8b60c37e27dd56fda6f8_2_1024x761.jpeg
rating 0.0 0

In this presentation we will explore the art of black and white photography from capture in the field, to conversion in Lightroom and in Nik and to the final print using the print module in Lightroom. This program is a unique combination of the “how to” with the “why and when” which sets it apart from other presentations in regards to black and white photography. The program begins with a brief look at images created by well know photographers with topics such as pattern, texture, shape and contrast. But more importantly I discuss the emotional impact of black and white photography and how color can alter the photographer’s intention. I do convert some personal images using Lightroom and Nik software with the emphasis on increasing emotional impact.

An active member of the Baltimore Camera Club I am also an accomplished photography instructor and lecturer. I currently teach at Johns Hopkins University and for Capital Photography Center out of DC.

Length

This presentation runs approximately 75 minutes.

Availability

I am available most evenings and weekends. Please contact me to double check availability